Turmeric Pancakes with Quinoa Salad
Updated: Mar 29, 2021
Whenever I announce that I've made pancakes, my 7 year old always addresses me with a slight level of suspicion and asks "which ones?". This is because in our household pancakes can be anything from sweet to savory, thin to thick, or grain-based to grain-free. Although sweet pancakes are perhaps more favourable amongst my little ones I'm always on the look-out for a version that is both tasty and healthy and can be used as an alternative to bread-based wraps.
Adding turmeric to this pancake batter, in addition to having anti-inflammatory properties, also gives the pancakes a beautiful deep yellow tone which is also pretty to the eye.
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1 tsp turmeric Pinch of salt
Coconut oil for frying
1 cup uncooked quinoa (soak for 4 hours before cooking) + 2 cups filtered water/bone broth for cooking
200 g lightly steamed kale/chard/spinach
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 avocado, cubed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tbsp unpasteurised apple cider vinegar
1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Blend all pancake ingredients besides the coconut oil. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
2. Grease a small frying pan in coconut oil and cook each pancake on a medium temperature. Turn over once it bubbles on the top.
3. Place the pre-soaked quinoa into a medium pan with approximately 2 cups of filtered water or bone broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes (until all the liquid has evaporated).
4. While the quinoa is cooking, lightly steam your choice of greens for 2-3 minutes.
5. Once the quinoa has cooled, mix in with all other ingredients.
6. Serve with hummus & Sauerkraut (optional)
Have you tried this? Then please leave a comment and let me know how you got on.
Would you like to uncover the Unspoken Secrets of Letting Go of Stress-Eating so you can create a happier and healthier relationship with food and achieve lasting results?
Then go ahead and download my free guide here.
#organic #glutenfree #dairyfree #vegetarian #grainfree #lunch #pancakes #turmeric #quinoa #avocado #paleo