Updated: Mar 29
Ever since I cut out wheat and gluten from my diet, baking for others and special occasions (and myself sometimes!) has been challenging to say the least and some results have been outright disastrous. I'm sure anyone who has tried to bake without the traditional cake ingredients you know what I'm talking about!
That's why, when I put this recipe together and found it really worked, I knew I needed to look no further. It contains no gluten, grains or refined sugars, my kids love them (and so does my husband), and if you add a chocolate and creamed coconut icing, they become the perfect birthday cake replacements.
Makes approx. 8-10 medium muffins
120 g butter/coconut oil, melted
6 eggs, whisked
3/4 cup coconut flour
2/3 cup honey/ maple syrup/coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup cacao
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 175 C.
2. Melt the butter/coconut oil and leave to cool.
3. In a separate bowl, add the eggs and whisk.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, including the butter/coconut oil, to the bowl and mix until combined.
5. Fill a cupcake tin or moulds, adding a heaped tablespoon of batter to each mould.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Would you like to uncover the Unspoken Secrets of Letting Go of Stress-Eating so you can create a happier and healthier relationship with food and achieve lasting results?
Then go ahead and download my free guide here.