My Top 5 Uses for Coconut Oil
Updated: Mar 29, 2021
If you've not yet added coconut oil to your kitchen staples, this is the time. It's one of the most versatile food products you can have in your possession and its uses range from cooking and body care, to fighting fungal infections and bacteria - to mention only a few.
Here are my TOP 5 uses for coconut oil
1. Use it as a cooking oil. Forget ALL vegetable oils, which have gone rancid and toxic by the time they hit the shelf, and start cooking with coconut oil. The high smoke point makes it ideal to be used in high temperature cooking, including baking, roasting and the occasional frying.
2. Speed up your metabolism and boost your energy. Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides, a form of saturated fat which is more easily digested and has a thermogenic effect on metabolism which can support with healthy weight management or weight loss. Try adding a tablespoon in your morning smoothie, porridge or even coffee!
3. Use it as a moisturizer. Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer and may even help with certain skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Most popular skincare products contain a wide range of chemicals, many of which have been listed as toxic to us. With your skin being your largest organ, my advice is, 'if you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin'.
4. Coconut oil-pulling. This ancient practice involves melting a spoonful of coconut oil and swirling it around your mouth for 10-20 mins before spitting it out (in the bin otherwise you might clog the pipes!) and can help to support with healthy gums by preventing cavities, reducing gum inflammation and even brightening your smile!
5. Fight infections. Coconut oil contains caprylic acid, capric acid and lauric acid which all have antifungal, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Ingesting coconut oil daily can therefore help to equip the body's ability to fight infections naturally by keeping 'bad bugs' at bay and strengthening the immune system.
Have you got anything to add, please comment below.
References: https://draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/; https://draxe.com/mct-oil/; http://www.faim.org/health-properties-of-coconut-oil
Would you like to uncover the Unspoken Secrets of Letting Go of Stress-Eating so you can create a happier and healthier relationship with food and achieve lasting results?
Then go ahead and download my free guide here.
#coconutoil #healthyfats #immunity #skincare #cookingoil #antifungal #antimicrobial #antiviral #psoriosis #eczema #weightloss #metabolism #thermogenic #dentalcare #infections